Re: Fitting question
Posted by PW on July 21, 2004 at 09:47:39:
In response to Re: Fitting question
In the USA GHT (Garden Hose Thread) is 3/4 inch, never heard of a 1 inch GHT but so much for hearing, they say it is one of the first things to go.

Are you sure your pump is for USA use, could it be metric? Another thought would be to contact the manufacturer of the pump for fittings.

: : : Just when I thought I knew all about fittings. Try this one. I have a sump pump with male 1" water hose thread. Realising water hose thread is different from all the other 'threads', yet I still cant figure how to reduce down to my 3/4" water hose (thread) Any ideas? Thanks

: : Reply:
: : Most sump pumps have a discharge of 1-1/2", some are 1-1/4". It seems like you need a bushing. The one pictured above is 1" X garden hose threads. A plumbing supply house may not have it but can make it up for you.
: : e-plumber

: The discharge is 1" water hose thread. I cant seem to find any fitting/bushing to go from that to 3/4" water hose thread. Or pipe thread. Its the 1" water hose thread that is tricky. Everyone has 3/4" water hose thread X .. everything else. No 1" Any good place to look for, what I seem to think, is an odd fitting? Thanks again.

Replies to this post
There are none.