Re: what to buy
Posted by Johnney on July 15, 2004 at 09:06:11:
In response to Re: what to buy
: We need to replace a 50-year-old American Standard toilet because it will no longer take care of the sometimes very large quantity of highly solid waste material my husband can produce and I can't stand the stress any longer. [My husband is disabled and I have full responsibility for maintenance and repairs.]I was ready to purchase an American Std. Champion at Home Depot, but their resident 'expert' said it was not the best one for our needs nor for the cost. She recommended the Kohler Wellworth at 1/2 the price.[The cost of the American Std. was not a problem for me.] Will this do the job? I expect to live in this house for another two years. A previous plumber recommended a VitrA as a lower-cost substitute for a Toto. Please help ASAP. Many thanks, in advance. So glad I found your website. Wish you served Southern California!

We installed an American Standard Champion in our fire station to replace the old one. This is the primary toilet for the old station. It has stood the "fireman challenge" so far. I have yet to see this toilet break down or not flush right. You can't go wrong with purchasing a Champion. Just be ready for some of it's "quirks" (noise from flush tower dropping & installation).

Replies to this post
There are none.