Re: bathroom window fan
Posted by e-plumber on July 12, 2004 at 19:12:35:
In response to Re: bathroom window fan
: ok. i guess i should clarify. i did mention that the bathroom has a window - reread the message - so the room does have ventilation. however, it is very poor and the room gets pretty steamy during a shower. i worry about mildew forming on the walls. (there was some when we moved in.)

: i'm not interested in making an exhaust system integrated into the house's wiring. apparently my message made me out to be an idiot. i am not. i'm just looking for suggestions. upon reflection, i'm looking for any way a tenant could create an "exhaust" system in the bathroom window.

: if not, i can live with the current set-up.

: thanks,
: ~dan

Reply: Contact the owner of the property.
A (properly designed) exhaust fan is required by code, not just a fan stuck into a window opening with wires dangling, you need one that is manufactured to be installed near water, (above a bathtub or shower).
: : : I would insist that the landlord corrects this condition and ONLY a licensed electrician does the install.
: : : DO NOT make any attempts to do this yourself, you can get killed instantly if something goes horribly wrong.
: : : e-plumber

Replies to this post