Re: Exploding Toilet
Posted by Bill on June 17, 2004 at 10:33:17:
In response to Re: Exploding Toilet
: Sort of like the I Love Lucy episode in the flooding shower stall. Also illogical since shower doors open out rather than in so the water pressure would have pushed the door open. In your case, you have to have a flushometer toilet, and the valve has to come loose from the pipe, (ideally, the victim working on it, had taken the toilet loose and had plugged the drain to eliminate odors and the valve broke off, a poor joint allowing it to separate, or use your imagination). This would create a lof of water in a hurry, (more than the sink or tub drains could handle), and while the victim is trying to deal with it the water rises high enough to build up too much pressure on the door for it to be opened. There is no window or phone for him to call for rescue and he cannot swim.

: : I know this is kind of strange to be asking this question, but I'm working on a short story and I had this idea for a ending that would basically involve a explosion of sorts that would cause the toilet to overflow so quickly that the entire room would fill up with water, drowning the occupant. In a sense, it would be a explosion that would cause a back up of water, a rupture or an "old faithful" kind of geyser.
: : (never mind the fact that the water would easily seep out from under the door; lets just pretend that the door is so tight that minimal water would leak out).
: : So...are there any takers on explaining how something like this might be possible? It would be greatly appreciated. If possible, email me any vaulabe information. You would help me make this story rational!

Replies to this post
There are none.