Re: frost free hose bibs
Posted by Deb on June 15, 2004 at 19:14:03:
In response to Re: frost free hose bibs
: Hi all. I'm in negotiations to sell my house and one of the things the potential buyers asked is that I have frost free hose bibs installed on two outside faucets. I've been in this house for 10 years and have never had any problems ( the house is 60 years old). None of my neighbors have them and, sorry guys- i'm not a plumber, I've never heard of them. How necessary are frost free hose bibs in Boise,ID and do any of you have an idea what it should cost to replace them? Thanks.

Hello from Boise,
Frost free hose bibs are an absolute necessity in Boise. What makes you believe that you do not have frost frees? Has a plumber told you this? I would be very very surprised if you did not have frost frees. They are code, have been for a very long time and (as a resident of Boise for over 25 years) I would be really surprised to seen non frost frees not freeze.
I could probably come by and look at your home if your would like (for a modest fee, of course) and tell you what you have, what you need, and a ball park figure on cost, if in fact you need frost frees. I am in Boise for about a week.
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post