Re: Frost-Free Faucet - Replacement Problems
Posted by e-plumber on June 01, 2004 at 15:44:30:
In response to Re: Frost-Free Faucet - Replacement Problems
: I just replaced a frost-free anti-siphon faucet today which required replacing a few pieces of cpvc pipe inside my house. When I turned the water back on I had the outdoor faucet on. Once the lines were repressurized I went outside and there was water gushing out the faucet. I turned it off and later came back to try it again and nothing comes out now, not even a drop. After cementing it all back together I let it set for about 3 hours before adding water to the lines, but I'm wondering if a chunch of cement may have broke loose and clogged the faucet? Any thoughts on what could have happened or how I might fix the problem? Getting to the inside of the plumbing is a nightmare as I have to crawl inbetween floor trusses and against a lot of insulation. Thanks. ~Jeff

Reply:
There could possibly be debris in the frostfree bibb blocking the water flow. Shut the isolation valve for the bibb or worst case, shut the main water valve. Disassemble the bibb, turn the water back on while it's apart to flush the line out thoroughly.
e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.