Re: Shared well and well supply
Posted by Deb on May 14, 2004 at 11:19:17:
In response to Re: Shared well and well supply
: I own a duplex which gets it's water from a community well that runs three houses. In the house we have a 3/4" supply line that splits and runs both sides of our duplex. It's distributed via 1/2" copper pipe throughout the house. Incoming pressure is around 45 PSI. I live in one side and rent out the other. When anyone uses water in the house it dramatically affects everyone else, especially if taking a shower. I was considering various boosters such as the Flotec. Do pressure boosters work? When it kicks in will it affect my tenant? Any suggestions or other ideas are really appreciated. I'm in the process of remodeling so most of my plumbing is exposed and easily replaced.

There are better things to do than get a booster pump.
Your water lines are really undersized. Also, since you are remodeling, now is the time to install pressure balance shower valves. Not only are they code, but they are just the smart, safe way to go. You should have at least a 3/4" main line going to each side of the duplex. A good rule of thumb is not to run more than 2 fixtures on a 1/2" line.
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.