Re: toilets that work
Posted by Terry Love on May 05, 2004 at 13:33:03:
In response to Re: toilets that work

: TERRY, I PLAN ON BUYING A SLOAN FLUSHMATE. ARE THESE SYSTEMS ALLOWED IN MOST STANDARD CONVENTIONAL TOILETS AND IF SO WHAT DO THEY COST AND ARE THEY SUPERIOR TO LET'S SAY A BRIGGS VASCUITY TOILET WHICH I JUST BOUGHT BUT NOT OUT OF THE BOX YET?

Dennis,
The flushmate equipped toilets work well, the Gerber Ultraflush has an edge on the American Standard Cadet PA.
Repairs can be tricky, I've had cartridges that I couldn't replace.
Keep the 800 number in the tank handy. The tank outlet is a 2".
The handle may have a stiff push, with an upfront sound curve,(right away sound levels)
Older toilets can't be retrofitted with these, the bowl has to match.

The Vacuity works pretty well, washes well, though may leave some floaters in the bowl.
Comes with Fluidmaster fill valve.

The Champion has been hit and miss for me, it will not always take down the paper. Comes with Fluidmaster and a 3" flush tower(early models leak). Can be a bear to install.

The Kohler Cimmeron leaves floaters. Comes with Fluidmaster fill valve and a 3.5" flapper.
It has a nice "tank to bowl" installation.
I don't like the toilet though, too much cleaning up afterwards. They may want to consider a redesign for more bowl wash.

The Toto G-Max products have worked the best for me. They clear the bowl and rarely plug.
Very easy to work on with the Korky fill valve, (repairable without tools) and the 3" flapper.
Getting a bowl with Sanagloss is a plus too, though not needed.

Replies to this post
There are none.