Sump Pump runs 24/7
Posted by Vincent on April 23, 2004 at 12:19:20:
I'm a new home owner and was fortunate enough to build my first house. I live in New Jersey and had a house built by Kara Homes. They never told me I was going to have a sump pump until the day of the walk thru. Kara Homes doesn't allow people on their properties until you own the home. I moved in, in November this year and had problems with my sump pump going off a month later. I called and complained and they said that the pipe from the pump was probably to low and was going into the water table. They sent someone out to cut the pipe and raise my pump. The problem was fixed until recently. We had a few inches of rain last week and my pump hasn't stopped running for 12 days now going on every 30 seconds. My next door neighbor is having the same problem as well. After the first time we both complained about this they had a pipe run underground from my pump connecting in his yard from his pipe that was supposed to bring the water into the sewer. I complained to the builder again and they told me that there is nothing left for them to do except raise the pipe again. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? Does this sound normal? I also live at the bottom of a hill. Does anyone have a solution? Please help my wife and I are worried and don't know what to do.

Replies to this post