stuck drain plug
Posted by Pamela on April 04, 2004 at 16:04:48:
Terry
I unscrewed the overflowplate and found the screw that was connected to the pull device had broken off..
I pulled out the whole mechanism thing as your directions instructed...I have the long steel thing connected to the tubular thing ..It looks exactly like the illustrations and picutres you show...I put a little vaseline on the end of it and pushed it back in the overflow but the drain plug will not budge...I know I don't have a lot of strenth to push on the thing...Heck I can't even open a jar of pickles...Do I keep pushing on that lever thing..????Nothing seems to be happening...
I have really long hair is it possible there is a bunch of it stuck in that drain and thats why it is stuck....I was pulling a whole bunch of hair out of the drain when it got stuck...Am I suppose to put some kind of draino stuff down that overflow pipe...
I really don't like using that stuff...I usually use bleach for drains...It takes a lot longer but it seems
to eat away at soap and hair plugs..Can I put 1/4 cup of bleach down the overeflow pipe...??/
Help have no other ideas..And the only option available to me is to call a plumber.Please any ideas.

Replies to this post
There are none.