Re: vent pipe moving?
Posted by Deb on March 17, 2004 at 20:44:50:
In response to Re: vent pipe moving?
: I am redoing my entire bathroom and I need to change the location of the sink. It is going from the wall when you walk in on the right to the wall when you walk in on the left. so opposite parallel wall.
: I have everything ripped out down to the beams. My question is the vent pipe. Currently it goes straightup on the right hand wall where plumbing is currently. Once the hot/cold lines and drain are moved to the left wall, how would one move the vent line, or how would one connect to the vent line being that it is on the opposite wall???

: BTW- this vent is used fo rthe bathroom on the 2nd floor I believe as well so I do not see how it can be moved. Isthere a way to connect to this vent when all plumbing is now on opposite wall??

: thanks in advance,
: Harvey

: p.s. I am not doing the work, my father-in-law has a friend who will be doing it, I am just trying to find out how things will be working before he gets here.
:

There are many many places where AAVs are not legal. Even if they are allowed by code, they should only be used if regular venting is impossible (not inconvenient) to run.
You can run the vent up the correct wall, run the vent across the ceiling to the original vent.
I don't quite understand about the 2nd floor bathroom. The vent from a lower floor cannot receive drainage from an upper floor. You may want a plumber to look at this and advise you. It will probably be money well spent. It is really tough to advise when we cannot see what is going on. But the upper floor bathroom being tied into the lower sink vent bothers me.
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.