Re: Air in pipes??
Posted by Deb on March 12, 2004 at 19:04:17:
In response to Re: Air in pipes??
: : I have a home built in 1923 and all of the plumbing has been updated (probably around the mid 80s). Frequently, when I turn on the fawcet in my kitchen sink, it spits and sputters. Sometimes if I shut it off, the pressure comes back, where other times the water will completely stop flowing and won't flow again for as long as 30 minutes. I don't have the problem anywhere else in the house, just when I use the water in the kitchen sink. Could this be related to the pipes under the sink instead of air in the pipes? Thanks

: Reply:
: It may not be air in the lines but the faucet diverter sticking. If you have a pull out spray hose on the side of the faucet, the diverter most likley located under the faucet spout. It could be defective in need of replacement, the faucet will operate if you remove the diverter until you can get an exact replacement.
: Good Luck. e-plumbetr

The diverter is the first thing I would check too. Alot of times they are just junked up with debris. If so, you just need to remove the diverter, flush out the line and clean and replace the diverter.
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.