Pump Removal?
Posted by Peter J. Brown on February 27, 2004 at 16:16:40:
I recently moved in to a trailer which has the water fed from the house next door. Neither unit has been lived in or used in at least 2 years. I managed to get the main water lines from the artesian well with a submersible pump unthawed and had a low amount of water to the trailer. I came to find out that the pressure tank was bad so I replaced the tank, pressure switch, check valve, tee and basically everything in the basement. Once everything was put together, I turned it on and the pump is not working now, but it was before(i could here it very clearly). I have the pipe disconnected from the well and with everything off I have had a continuous flow, though very litle, of water. I am an electrician, so I have traced the power source all the way to the well itself and everything is perfect. The well casing is almost full of water. I have dug about a 5 foot hole and located the pipe from the well to the house. I still cannot manage to get the pump out of the well. The pump, when on, will make an occassional humming noise but only for a second then nothing. I need to know how to get this pump out so I can see what is wrong with it. Please Help, I have been working on this for over a month now with no water. Thank you.

Replies to this post