Re: DWV and Fernco Part II
Posted by David Steinberg on February 26, 2004 at 09:46:07:
In response to Re: DWV and Fernco Part II
First off, the vent is a wet vent (the inspector approved that) so this is more complicated.

What happened here is the guy who did this was registered with the city to do outside sewer work. He sweet-talked his way into a plumbing permit for the indoor work. I was there when he tried to get approval for the underslab work using an improper pressure test _after_ the concrete had been laid. The inspector said, "I never saw what's under here", and the guy said "I had an inspection!". He was half right, he got approval for the _pour_, not the pipe. Anyway, the guy put on a big theatrical show about being honest and all that, and the inspector just told me to get someone else to finish the plumbing. And I got left with this.
To make a long story short, I didn't pay for this work, or for the work of the next plumber for that matter(another crazy mess).

: It seems to me you should be talking with an attorney. If the contractor didn't do the job according to code, he should be liable for the cost of making your plumbing legal. If your city ordinances are so restrictive about who can do this work, they surely have a requirement that these are licensed and bonded contractors and that the work has to be done properly. Just my reaction to something I obviously don't know detail about.

Replies to this post
There are none.