Re: new faucet drips
Posted by Bobbie Gilmore on February 24, 2004 at 21:59:44:
In response to Re: new faucet drips
: I am having my kitchen redone, and I bought a new sink, faucet, disposal, the works. Hired a plumber to do the work because I didn't want the hassle. Things were fine until he tried to install the brand new Belle Foret faucet. It dripped. Cold dripped a little, hot was a steady stream. The cpout itself also leaked. He said it must be defective, so I reordered the faucet. In the meantime, the cold drips less, but still drips.

: A new faucet arrives and this time I decided to do it myself. Completely new parts, this time the cold drips a steady stream, the hot is a slow drip.

: So I swap out the cold from the first one, and that goes back to the seldom dripping state. The hot drips steadily. The spout itself leaks less, but still leaks. (and I am talking about a tall jointed spout that is leaking around the joints - here's a picture http://store.faucet.com/cgi-bin/fcom/products?id=68azU6Ha&mv_arg=BF%2d130%2d01ORB&mv_pc=73)

: So I have a couple questions...is this just a crappy company and their faucets/materials are just substandard? Is there something that both the plumber and I could have done in the simple process of attaching water supply lines that would make the faucet drip? I installed a bathroon faucet a year or so ago with no problems/drips. Is there something I can try that might make the hot stop dripping? Should I give up on this faucet and get something I like less but won't drip constantly?

: I'm tearing out my hair at this point. The old sink was in a big metal unit, so when the cainets were installed, I lost the sink, and water, on the first floor for 5 weeks. Now, the faucet problem means that I have to turn on the hot at the shutoff valve...it's getting pretty old. Any help will be very greatly appreciated!

Replies to this post
There are none.