Re: Plumbing or Septic Tank
Posted by Richard Anderson on February 16, 2004 at 11:37:44:
In response to Re: Plumbing or Septic Tank
Similar problems at my house...mainly when it rains. I have been told that I need service on my septic system, but they will not know how severe it is until they start digging... Be sure to research and know you have a reputable serviceman. Many companies are terrible. Also, I had to have a county permit to begin work.
Email me to discuss this if you are still having the problem.

: A fu;; septic tank or a plugged pipe have the same symptoms and it is impossible to determine which it is without checking one or the other. My advice would normally to assume it is the pipe and have it snaked. But in your case if yoo have had a lot of rain the ground could be saturated and there is nowhere for the effluent from the tank to go. In that case the tank would be full and pumping it would not help, since the water in the ground would just flow back into it and fill it again. You have to understand that the term "full" is relative since the tank is always full of water up to the level of the outlet pipe. When we refer to a full tank it means the water is higher than the outlet pipe because it cannot drain out of the tank.
: : Water is back-up in all the toilets, bathtubs, and shower. If we flush the toilet then water builds up in the shower. We flush and put liquid plumer down both toilets, both bathtubs, and the shower. We left it for the night. Well this morning everything flushed. So we ran the water for a little bit and everything started bubbling. THen the shower started to build back up with water. Now the toilets will not flush again. They will eventually go down after about fifteen minutes or so. We can plunge it down but water just builds back-up in the shower.We do not know if we have stopped up pipes or it is our septic tank.
: : We have had alot of heavy rain and we may think that our septic tank is full of water. So should we call a plumber or someone to fix out septic tank. We will be waiting for our responce. Thank you so MUCH!

Replies to this post
There are none.