Re: adding a master bath, in bi-level
Posted by GregO on February 09, 2004 at 15:54:49:
In response to Re: adding a master bath, in bi-level
Paul,

Ed makes some very good points. Any chance (i.e., space) for installing your second bathroom above the ground floor? That may create far fewer headaches if space is available.

: HI!!
: Need some help please. I am buying a bi-level house in VA... The house was built in 1969 and only has one bathroom. Being married and having two kids i need a second bathroom *grin* anyway...
: what is the best way in putting a bathroom in the downstairs of this house. there is a utility room (about 20 x 20) below the upstairs bathroom that doubles as the laundry room, so there is access to water, and electricity. The floor in that room is concrete, no carpet.
: A friend of mine told me that instead of breaking up the floor (because of hydrostatic water problems - something about the water forcing itself up through the floor) that i should build a false floor for the new bathroom which would raise the toilet and shower. This, if it would work, seems like a good idea, but i did not see any drainage pipes (didn't look that hard yet either though).
: TIA
: Paul

Replies to this post
There are none.