Re: Low presure with Moen Positemp
Posted by Jerry on February 07, 2004 at 13:28:34:
In response to Re: Low presure with Moen Positemp
: I installed a Moen Positemp in my shower about 5 years ago. Our city water presure is very good and there didn't seem to be much presure through this new faucet. I removed the cartridge and cleaned it several times, I finally got it to work right. About once a year, I would have to remove the cartridge and clean it to get the water preasure back. I done this recently and the cartridge started leaking. I replaced the cartridge and now the new one has no pressure what so ever. I have tried cleaning, greasing, and even changed some of the parts with the old cartridge, but still half the preasure I should have. At one point I was able to get decent presure, but I ran water at the sink when the shower was on and the presure went away and will not ocme back. At this point, I am stumped and wish I have never installed this type of faucet.

I had a simular problem last weekend, and the final solution was to remove the ball end of the supply tube that the shower head attaches to and clean the screen located inside of it. This was after I had purchaced a replacement valve for the Moen. Now I have a spare!

Replies to this post
There are none.