Re: toilet
Posted by anthony on January 30, 2004 at 08:13:23:
In response to Re: toilet
: : i am finishing my basement. the stub out for the toilet in the bathroom, however, is only thirteen inches from the outside wall and about that from the other wall making up the corner. in other words, i cannot turn the toilet in either direction to make it fit the code. i am contemplating a corner toilet made by eljer. would that meet the code (fifteen inches from the center of the toilet to any sidewall or other obstruction)?

: I think the Eljer would work just fine for you. Check the rough in specs. You could fur the wall to required rough-in specs. I have a customer that installed one because of space problems, and liked it so much that when he built an addition, he had it designed for another corner Eljer.
: Deb
: The Pipewench

thanks. it will be easier to set that than to break up the concrete, cut, and fort-five the line to get an inch and a half more away from the wall.

another quick question. the 4" (inside) pipe stubbed out for the toilet will need to be cut for the flange and the concrete floor was poured right up to an around the pipe. do they make flanges that sit on top of the concrete floor or will I need to break concrete for the flange? also, if i tile, does the flange go on top or flush with the finished floor?

thanks again. probably elementary stuff but i just want to be sure before i end up with #*@% in my basement.

anthony

Replies to this post