Re: Waste Line Replaced But Problems Persist
Posted by hj on January 26, 2004 at 23:38:34:
In response to Re: Waste Line Replaced But Problems Persist
Even if they did not "video" the line, which I assume you mean did not make a recording of the inspection, which is normally only the case when they have a lower quality inspection device which cannot connect to a recorder, they should still have seen what was there. I am not sure how far they replaced your sewer, but around here, except for one city, the homeowner is responsible all the way to the main sewer in the street, and is also responsible for the fitting in the street that his line connects to. So in that case the answer to your question would be , Yes, you would be expected to dig up the street. But before doing so, I would be very sure that I knew exactly what is happening. Backups when it rains could be city main problem or your house system if you have downspouts connected to your sanitary sewer system.

: Thanks for your help. One more piece of information: The problem is at its worst when it rains. And sure enough it hadn't rained hard here until this weekend when I first noticed the problem again.

: I am going to check if there is a vent on the roof. I know, I should know this already but I don't.

: I really don't know if there is a problem with the drainage lines in the house....Do you mean the line between the washer and the toilet? By the way, this is a very small house - 900 square feet.

: Also, I had the option of having the line video recorded before it was replaced but didn't do it. They used a camera to look from the cleanout to the street but didn't video it.

: Thanks again.
:

: : It doesn't quite make sense to me that it worked fine for 2-3 weeks after the new line was put in, but is now bck to the original problem. If you did not fix the problem, it should have persisted, not gotten better for a few weeks and then returned.
: : Videoing your line is always an option. Sometimes you need to be able to see what is going on. Are you sure that there is not a problem in the drainage lines in the house?
: : Deb
: : The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.