Re: Well Pump
Posted by Hube on January 25, 2004 at 16:08:42:
In response to Re: Well Pump
: It was 15 below 0 last night and when I got up this morning my well pump was going on and off every 5 seconds. I wanted to know if this means I first had a leaking pipe that caused the pump to go on and then lose it's prime. Or is it possible that the pipe between the well and the pump froze causing the pressure to drop and the pump lost it's prime that way. It builds pressure from 40 to 50 psi, shuts off and then the pressure drops right to 40 again. This guage has been inaccurate for awhile in that it usually goes on at 60 and off at 80 psi. Is my pump ruined from running w/o water? Do I just wait for things to thaw out, reprime it and hope for the best? Any info would be greatly appreciated. PJ
You most likely have a "burst" pipe somewhere between the well and the pressure tank. Is this a SUB pump?(in the well) if it is, its ok because it won't freeze when its in the well water. IF its a Jet Pump )free standing,,yes it could be frozen up too. Hopefully the lines/or pump will thaw out and you can check out for leaks,etc. Let us know how you make out, Hube

Replies to this post