|Posted by Tubby on January 16, 2004 at 08:45:33:|
|In response to Re: sewer gas|
: Just how poisonous is this sewer gas as it is increasing?
The poisonous part of sewer gas can not be smelled. The smelly part is hydrogen sulphide (H2S will actually have no odor in high amounts as it burns out the sense of smell - This will kill from asphyxiation)
The part you are not smelling is methane. In high concentrations, it is explosive.
Just the occassional whiff, you have a problem that needs to be checked out. An emergency, not usually, just a smelly mess.
|Replies to this post|
|There are none.|