Re: well pump pressure
Posted by Hube on January 14, 2004 at 18:06:48:
In response to Re: well pump pressure
: I recently installed a new 3/4 hp jet pump and pressure tank to replace the very old system I had. I run off a shallow well (approx 15 ft deep). Right now the well, pump and pressure tank are located about 50-60 feet (vertically) below the house, the total distance being probably 150 feet or so away. I have set my pressure switch to 40/60 and have adjusted the pressure in my pressure tank to 38psi when empty. The pump is cuurently working properly according to that setting (on at 40psi, off at 60psi) however this doesn't supply adequate pressure to the house. At 60psi, the entire house gets water, however as the pressure drops, the upper floor loses pressure. Near the 40psi mark, there is no water flowing from the faucets on the upper floor. What can I do to correct this problem? I cannot increase the pressure at the pump as 60 psi is max. Do I need a more powerful pump? Can I move my pressure tank up the hill to my house? Any help would be appreciated

With a 3/4 horse jet, it should be able to do the job.RELOCATE the tank into the house area. (check valve) This should eliminate a lot of pressure loss .. Hube

Replies to this post
There are none.