Re: Broken PVC toilet flange
Posted by jeff on January 14, 2004 at 08:22:22:
In response to Re: Broken PVC toilet flange
: : To make a long story short. Our septic system backed up filling our sauna, laundry room and bathroom in the basement.My husband used our plunger to no avail and then bought a big plunger and it didn't work. He took the toilet off and plungered. He called a plumber who said call roto-rooter. We did. they came and fixed the clog. My husband put the toilet back on and screwed too tight and broke the flange. We are now out about 325.00. Please tell us how to get the broken flange off and replace it. We have no money for a plumber visit. I'm sure my husband would like me to say that he screwed it too tight because the toilet rocked and he was getting level.

: Reply:
: Can't blame him for trying. In the future, if the toilet is not level and rocking, it needs to be shimmed to level it off. The closet flange may be able to be repaired with a kit, short of cutting off the existing closet flange and installing a new one, there aren't many options.
: Good Luck. e-plumber

get ancor bolts that screw into the floor they don't will holsd the toilet in place without pulling on the flange,,they will also bust the toilet if over tighened so shim the toilet to stop it from rocking

Replies to this post
There are none.