Re: loud loop heater
Posted by hj on January 03, 2004 at 08:36:55:
In response to Re: loud loop heater
If the pressure is zero then there is no way you can bleed the air out of the system. How you bleed the air out depends on how it was installed and we would have to be there to determine that. The banging could be a result of the zero pressure and no circulation. Your best option is to have a heating repair person check the system, fix it so the pressure stays in the proper range, and purges the air from the system.

: I live in a single story home with three loops (I'm assuming there are three loops if I have three thermostats. Is that a bad assumption?)We have the gushing sounds of water going through the pipes which bugs, but the worst is the banging sounds. Our baby-sitters think our house is haunted. I've tried letting air out, but I only find one valve to relieve air. The other concern is that my PSIs are at zero and I read that they should be between 12 and 19. What exactly does that mean, and how do I fix it? I hope you can help, even if I don't know enough to ask what I should be asking. Thank you! Christina

Replies to this post
There are none.