Re: Loud plumbing
Posted by sarah glass on December 22, 2003 at 22:29:26:
In response to Re: Loud plumbing
: : Our house is only 3yrs old but when we flush the toilet upstairs in the masterbath, we hear banging in the pips as the water goes down. We had the builders come back, and they were willing to cut out the wall downstairs to see if they could fix it but they said they couldn't garuntee if they could fix the problem. I'm open for any advice.

: Reply:
: If the problem is with the drainage piping, you have a problem that can be solved by opening the walls, locating the loose piping and having it secured.
: If the problem is with the water supply line, you may have too much water pressure within the system, loose piping in the walls or maybe even a faulty toilet fill valve. A plumber should investigate, the builder may not know exactly what to look for.
: Good Luck & Happy Holidays. e-plumber

I am curious about how loud is too loud. We added a bath and gutted and redid an existing bath. I told the plumbers and general contract that I didn't want to hear a lot of water. despite insulation in the walls, you can still hear what is going on in the bathrooms and the toilets flushing and water running. What to do? Is this a problem in all houses old and new? The old part of our house has plaster walls and the new part has drywall.

Replies to this post
There are none.