Re: Pluming gas pipe question
Posted by Hube on June 28, 2003 at 13:34:09:
In response to Re: Pluming gas pipe question
: I have a 1 1/4" gas line that comes into the house. From that I need to supply gas to 4 things: clothes dryer, water heater, combination stove/oven, and a 2.5 ton central heat/air furnace. On the end of the 1 1/4" main line there is a fitting to split the line into two 3/4" lines. One of the 3/4" lines I want to run to supply the water heater and dryer. I would put another fitting on the end of the 3/4" line to split that into two 1/2" lines for both of those appliances.

: The other 3/4" line will go to supply the stove and furnace. I wanted to put a fitting on the end of that line to have a 3/4" supply going to the stove and 1/2" going to the furnace. I'm wondering if a 3/4" line is enough to supply the stove and furnace? Also wondering if the other 3/4" line is enough to supply the water heater and dryer.

: Thanks,
: Brian Brian; Total up the BTU's on each leg of the 3/4" and check with the local utilities in your area. They know best. IMO i would believe the pipe size is more than adequate. Hube

Replies to this post