Re: sealing under walls
Posted by LonnythePlumber on June 12, 2003 at 21:19:40:
In response to Re: sealing under walls
: Since the water has to be diverted before it gets under the wall, you cannot do anything on the inside to cure the problem. And there is almost no way to seal the outside perfectly. You really need to lower the outside ground level and/or install a drain system to intercept the water before it can get under the wall.

: : I don't know if anyone here can answer this, but.... I'm remodeling a barn into a house. The foundation is very solid and thick, but there are no cement "curbs". In other words, the walls sit flat on the cement and the inside is the same level as the outside, so if I spray water hard against the outside, the water runs under the walls into the inside. How would I seal under the walls so that water can't enter after I remodel? Normally, the foundation drops where the outside wall is, so water would be below the foundation. Any tips are appreciated!

I agree with hj that you need to fix this from the outside but I believe you can do this with flashing which would go inbetween the siding and the sheathing. LonnythePLumber

Replies to this post
There are none.