Re: What model of American Standard toilet do I have?
Posted by Leslie H. on May 08, 2003 at 16:37:14:
In response to Re: What model of American Standard toilet do I have?

More info on this old toilet: It wasn't pleasant, but I turned over the toilet and removed the old wax, etc. and discovered some markings do exist. F3260, possibly "71" and a stamped date of Jun 4 1956.

Measurements: The height from floor to bowl is 15 3/8. Distance between center point of seat hinges is 5 3/4". The length from back to front at center (longest point) is 17 1/2". Bowl only: the length is 15" (max) and width is 14" (max).

I believe I was wrong about the 10" rough-in diameter. The flange on which it sat has an outer diameter of 7.5" and an inner diameter of 3.5". A bolt is missing and the flange edge around the missing bolt is broken. If any 7.5" replacement flange will do, or if I don't even need to replace the flange, then this whole model search is not necessary. If not, please help. Either way, I would like to know if such parts are model specific and where to look for American Standard replacement parts for discontinued models.

Thanks so much,
Leslie

: Please help me ID this older model toilet, perhaps 1970s or even 1980s but may be original to my building, constructed in 1927. The toilet is floor-mounted (10 in. rough-in) and pressure-assisted with a Sloan Royal Flushometer flush valve (replaced 2 years ago) installed. It is my understanding that the Sloan Royal may be the only type of flush valve fitting on this toilet, if that helps anyone identify it. Between the seat hinges, the toilet is marked "Standard." I don't see other markings, such as a model number. It is 15" high, and not exactly elongated, but not exactly round.

: The toilet was recently uninstalled as part of bathroom renovation/ re-tiling project and it was discovered that the wax seal, flange (?), etc. was faulty and leaking quite a bit into the sub-floor and basement. I am seeking the model name/ number to get the right replacement parts for the toilet for when it is reinstalled (soon, I hope).

: I called American Standard technical support and offered to send digital photos but the rep I spoke to was not helpful. (She kept telling me to look in the tank for the model number!) I scoured their web site -- it only offers specs on current models.

: I also need a properly fitting new toilet seat -- I have eliminated everything at Home Depot/Lowes. A commercial seat made by Church that I have seen at an online retailer looks like the best fit so far.

: Any help you can provide will be be appreciated! Your site is full of great information!

: Thank you,
: Leslie

Replies to this post
There are none.