Re: toilet flange removal from concrete
Posted by john on April 29, 2003 at 13:41:21:
In response to Re: toilet flange removal from concrete
: I have a bathroom in my basement and the toilet flange that was installed down there is not installed correctly. The toilet sits higher on one side then the other. The flange is glued and screwed. The flange is sitting higher on one side then the other.

: My question is, is there a fix for this like a flange that is made to go into the 3" existing flange after I cut it off or do I need to cut it off even with the floor and then remove the flange piping inside the 3" pipe.What is my best bet.

answer:

well I cut the current flange off even with the floor. I went to Home depot and bought a street flange. This flange slides into 3" pipe. Well I cut a peice of three inch pipe about 3-4" long.Now I glued it to the street flange. The pipe slides right over top of it. Now you have a flange that will fit inside of the flange that is in the 4" pipe That is in the concrete.

Before you glue it down make sure it fits. I had to chisel out the concrete around the pipe about a 1/4" so that the new flange whould sit on the ground. The new flange that I have has a small lip or edge at the bottom that will not allow it to sit on the ground.

After you get it to fit write, clean every thing up. Prime the pipe and put some glue on it slide it down in there and srrew it down.

Replies to this post
There are none.