Re: Kohler Devonshire toilet
Posted by Terry Love on January 12, 2003 at 15:32:10:
In response to Re: Kohler Devonshire toilet

Joe,
It depends on what color you have. By the way, the Ingenium does work for some, however, these are some messages back and forth concerning it. Terry

On my recently purchased Kohler 1.6gpf toilet,
the flapper drops when only about half the water has drained from the tank. I believe this is the reason for periodic clogs. I've tinkered extensively with the tension on the chain without making a difference. Is that little styrofoam float on the chain a factor? Do I move it up? Down? Or is there some other way to get that flapper to stay up longer? Paul

Install a conventional flapper. You will probably have to add to the chain. You can lower the water level in the tank, but the toilet will still "flush" two and possibly three times before the flapper closes, giving a complete flush. hj

I lowered the styrofoam float and (with all due respect to hj) raised the water level about a half inch, and I am now getting a very respectable flush. Paul

No problem. I just gave up on making the adjustment and then having to change the flapper anyway to get a good flush. hj
:
: My wife has picked out the Devonshire line from Kohler for Sink, tub and toilet, if the Ingenium system is not very good, how do I find a toilet that has the g-max that will match in color and style to the Sink and tub ?

: : : I was just wondering how the Kohler Ingenium Flushing system compares to the G-MAX flushing system ?

: : Not well.........
: : I remove quite a few and replace them with G-Max.

Replies to this post
There are none.