Re: Ever hear of a Pegasus brand faucet?
Posted by Marie on December 12, 2002 at 00:22:30:
In response to Re: Ever hear of a Pegasus brand faucet?
:I purchased the 1000 813-936 and had a plumber install it. Currently, the problem with it is that the diverter valve that changes the flow of water from shower to tub is very difficult to move back and forth. The plumber is going to come back and look at it. Has anyone had any experience with this problem?? Marie : I bought the series 1000 813-936 Love it!
: : You all have it covered here... Kind of annoying to not be able to deal with the Company in any manner, even a "working" web site with product info. -But I didn't let that stop me and I really like the product so far..
: : In regards to those of you whom might be looking for the "Overflow Faceplate with Trip Lever", or the drain ring. -(The gizmo that controls the water drainage on the tub)
: : And you are looking for a "match" in the nickle finish.... I have found a very good one:
: : I live in Seattle and at Aurora Plumbing
: : Ph#206-364-1140 you can order from Brasstech
: : Part No.267/15S Finish: Satin Nickle the Overflow Faceplate W/Trip.
: : and the ring in the same finish Part No.271-15S
: : Hope this helps someone!!!
: : -mas

: : : : I was just looking at these fixtures last night. I have been trying to find a manufactuer's web page or any other info on the web. Also saw them at the Home Depot store but not on their website.

: : : : Anyone have a website for Pegasus?

: : : I don't have a website for them, but according to Home Depot it is an "up-scale" faucet made for them. The address shown on the Pegasus carton is an Atlanta address and is Home Depot's home office. I want to buy
: : : these faucets somethin' awful because of their low price and list of features. These rate up with any of the others: dripless ceramic valve; solid brass construction; lifetime warranty; copper lines (?),
: : : (copper something, I can't recall what). I can't get any information on Pegasus other than what Home Depot had to say. Fellow there said to return the product if there's a problem and they'll give you another
: : : free of charge.

: : : I looked at Moen and Delta DON'T say that their cartridges are ceramic. I think it's Delta who says is that they have washerless valves. Their label reads that they have stainless steel washers (or was it valves?
: : : I'm no plumber, so am not familiar with all the terms. Soooo - Where does that put Moen and Delta? On their carton labels they don't say their products have CERAMIC valves (cartridges). Now Kohler's label does say
: : : CERAMIC cartridge right on the box. I believe American Standard does too. Sooo it's easy for me to be persuaded that the Pegasus product offers a solid product.

: : : I wish I knew more about them. I compared discounted prices at a builder's heating and plumbing store for Kohler brushed chrome faucets against the Pegasus faucets: Six Kohler bathroom fixtures: $1,162. Six Pegasus
: : : fixtures: $752. Savings: $410.

: : : I've tried Epinions.com and couldn't get any info on Pegasus there. There was negative comment posted on this site, but their opinion wasn't based on an experience with the product from what I could tell.
: : : There was a second opinion by someone who said hot water kept coming out of their Pegasus faucet. WHAT!!?? Another comment was just that "she had gone out and bought one and she was very happy with it. I
: : : wish this last person would post back her experience. HELP! Can anyone also tell me why plumbers are so against products like Pegasus? Now don't go on the defense. I just genuinely would like to know. . .

: : : Signed - Unhappy in McHenry

: : : If anyone else out there has any information, PLEEEASE post your experience. Who can blame me for wanting to save $410?

Replies to this post
There are none.