Re: Kohler K-3466 San Raphael opinions?
Posted by Terry Love on October 01, 2002 at 11:53:02:
In response to Re: Kohler K-3466 San Raphael opinions?

: I'm considering buying the Kohler K-3466 San Raphael Toilet with Conceiled Trapway. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

: Kohler claims this is the *new* San Raphael with the "redesigned Ingenium Flushing System" which has the siphon jet: http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?item=6240102&prod_num=3466&module=Toilets
: It's different than that older San Raphael (K-3384) which had the trapway exposed and didn't have a siphon jet.

: My other alternative is a Toto, probably Carlyle. I really like the way this Kohler looks, though.

: Thx,
: Max

Max,
My customers have been less than thrilled with the "redesigned Ingenium Flushing System".
For many it works fine, don't consider it a high performance solution though. It does "look" nice.

I have a hard time seeing any changes between their "new" and their old, other than coming up with a better marketing "tag" to give it. Whoever came up with the concept of renaming it Ingenium, is a genius.

Kohler still uses the 2" flush valve that we have been seeing for the last 100 years instead of a 3" flush valve.

Replies to this post