Re: Sewer Waste Pipe and Sewer gas
Posted by hj on August 14, 2002 at 09:49:54:
In response to Re: Sewer Waste Pipe and Sewer gas
If you have a hole in the drain pipe, the quickest and cheapest thing would be to have a plumber repair it. You can have all the testing and everything else done, spend money on lawyers and litigation, etc., but when it is all said and done, their recommendation should be to fix the pipe.

: I posted on here once before and got good advice. We got the plumber to come over and he said he wouldn't even do the smoke test because he knew where all of it would come out and that is the hole/crack in our waste pipe. He told us it could be the reason why we are sick. I called the health department and they freaked out and told me to call the fire department and get out of the house???? I called the non-emergency number and explaned the situation. They told us to get out of the house and they would come check it out. Their testing devices detected nothing. I called the plumber back and he stated that what they did not detect was methane gas. He stated that we could still be getting sick from the sewer gas? Can someone explain this too me. The plumber stated it was to bad of a crack/hole to be repaired. It has to be replaced. The crack was there when we bought the house(We didn't know it and the home inspector didn't find it either)Something in the house has made us sick. We thought we had it nailed down to the mold infestation but now we have this added problem. We are going into litigation over this home. Can someone tell me the hazards associated with having this hole in the waste pipe, especially to our health.

: Thank you
: Cindi

Replies to this post
There are none.