|Posted by hj on August 11, 2002 at 22:51:20:|
|In response to Re: Crack in lateral wastepipe|
Do you have a gas water heater and/or furnace down there? If so, install a carbon monoxide detector near them.
: We moved into this home a year ago and soon found that we had a large rusted lateral crack in our soil waste pipe, among other problems. The previous owners for some reason sealed off all the basement windows so all air in the basement rises. Since moving in here my husband and daughter have become very sick and no one knows why. Could they be sick due to sewer gas leaking out of the wastepipe? What would be they symptoms of this? Anything like carbon monoxide? They are both tired and sleeping all the time and have bad headaches. How can we find out if we do have sewer gas leaking into the home?
|Replies to this post|
|There are none.|