Re: Recirculating Pump Probs
Posted by Dave on August 11, 2002 at 04:30:29:
In response to Re: Recirculating Pump Probs
I didn't see any shutoffs. I ended up having to hire a plumber due to a lack of assistance online.

: Without looking at it; there are two shut-offs on the pump itself, use a screwdriver and make sure they're on.

:
: : Our master bath is across the house from the water heater. About 2 years ago, our recirculating pump went bad, causing us to have to wait about 3 minutes for hot water in the shower. It was replaced by a plumber under a home insurance plan. I now have a Grundfos pump.

: : We are now having the same symptoms. It takes about 3 or more minutes for the water to get hot. This just started a few days ago.

: : There appears to be a control panel and/or power supply connected to this pump. The power light is on. It says Goldline on the controls.

: : I was recommended to cut the power supply line from the pump to the control panel and put a plug on it. Then plug it in and see if it works.

: : I went today to buy a plug. I hooked it up the best I can, but I was unable to fully pull the cover over the prongs. The wires get in the way. I plugged it in to check for power, but nothing happened.

: : I need help to make sure I am hooking the plug up correctly - then to confirm that the pump is not working. If not, I need a recommendation on another brand, so I don't have to go through this again in 2 years.

: : I can send digital pics detailing the situation.

: : Thank you.

Replies to this post
There are none.