Re: leaky shower
Posted by hj on June 16, 2002 at 18:12:56:
In response to Re: leaky shower
What is your definition of "replaced the pan"? If the pan was replaced and it was done properly, then the leak is not from the tile and that leaves the shower valve and the piping to the shower head as the most likely suspects. This of course is assuming the pan was replaced properly.

: If anyone can help me with this I'll be amazed. My tiled shower leaks at floor level below the door. I have replaced the pan, silicon caulked every imaginable crack, and aligned the sliding door so it hangs square.Finally I cleaned the groove in the drain where the weep holes drain to the drain pipe and placed a drain plug and acidized the weep holes. This seemed to stop it for a month or so. It started again and I saw that the drain was slow. I thought the water might be running back the other way through the weep holes and then over the pan so I used some liquid plumber and now the drain
: runs well. I ran the shower for 1 1/2 hours and there was no leakage.But it still leaks if my wife and I take back to back showers( about 25 minutes). Also it doesn't do it every time. I'm totally lost and my next attempt will be to try to seal the tile with some thing that will stop the water and will be a permanent seal(I'm thinking some sort of epoxy or something).Do you have any recommendations for a sealer or something else that could be causing the problem. If you don't it looks like a new shower. Thanks for your time. Jim

Replies to this post
There are none.