Newbie Homeowner with Toilet Trauma
Posted by Sandra on May 05, 2002 at 15:29:31:
I have just bought my first home. The seller stated that new copper plumbing was done all the way to the street (but I don't know how long ago.) The house is 63 years old and the bathroom was remodeled with a Kohler Wellworth Lite in approx 1993. In the two weeks that I've lived in the house I've had to use the plunger on the toilet at least 3 times a week and I've had to bring in a plumber to auger the line all the way out to the street for what he said was roots. Well, today I had yet another backup that finally resolved itself after repeated plunging and I'm ready to follow in the footsteps of that man who got out his gun and shot his toilet. Will upgrading to a better toilet model as suggested on this site help? How do I find out about the lines that run from my house out to the main sewer line to find out if the problems might lie there? I knew home ownership would be challenging but this is going to drive me into the looney bin (maybe their toilets will flush better).... Thanks for any advice!

Replies to this post