Re: Clay Tile to PVC or DWV
Posted by More on April 29, 2002 at 20:28:34:
In response to Re: Clay Tile to PVC or DWV
Don't try to connect to the clay tile pipe like you are trying to. The sewer line depends upon a smooth floor to get the waste and paper out the line. Connecting your way will create a snag in the line that will be stopped up every other month.

Rent a rotohammer and drill/hammer the concrete away from the outside diameter of the clay pipe, 3 inches deep, and add a band seal coupling. If you are doing this kind of work for paying customers, watch out for yourself. Somebody's going to come back and sue you for improper workmanship.

: I am looking to connect a 4inch Clay tile pipe to a 4inch PVC or DWV pipe. I have used theoutside diameter to outside diameter connectors in
: the past to connect a clay tile to DWV piping. However, this situation is different in that I have no access to the outside diameter of the clay tile
: as it is embedded in a concrete wall and flush with it. Therefore, I need some kind of adapter that can go from the inside diameter of a 4 inch clay
: tile to the outside ( or inside ) diameter of 4inch PVC or DWV piping. I there an adapter available that would do this for me. Or is there another alternative.

:
: Thank you,

: Eric W. Zachmann

Replies to this post
There are none.