Re: tankless water heaters,electric
Posted by hj on March 25, 2002 at 18:55:01:
In response to Re: tankless water heaters,electric
You would have to do an evaluation using the water heater specifications, but I would assume that the smallest unit that might work would be at least 60 amps, and possibly closer to 80. That means you would have to upgrade the power supply to the water heater.The specifications will tell you the gpm available at the desired output temperature.

: I need to hear some feedback on whole house tankless hot water heaters. I have a client who has no room for a conventional heater that is presently in a closet. The power panel is schedualed for upgrading so lots of power available, I want to know if these units will work so I don't end up with a call every week on how disappointed they are with the heater's performance. The house has three bedroom and 1 1/2 baths if the heater works out they may try to put in a neo-shower in the present 1/2 bath. Washing machine and dishwasher are also in the house. They claim they never take a shower while the washing machine or dis washer are on. At present the family consists of two adults a six month old and by the end of the year another baby. I believe the washing machine is the most critical appliance in the house. Thanks

Replies to this post
There are none.