Re: Leak from hot Find out if you have copper sweat or galvanized, or plastic supply
Posted by More on March 11, 2002 at 20:47:59:
In response to Re: Leak from hot Find out if you have copper sweat or galvanized, or plastic supply
The pipe that you screwed the hot water hose to spins too? Does that mean that you aren't connecting the hot water hose to a faucet, an Angle Stop, or shut off valve? Find out what kind of plumbing supply piping you have. When you call a plumber, you are going to be asked. Where the hose connects to the pipe that spins and goes into the wall is drywall (and maybe wallpaper) right? Poke a hole in the drywall to open up a circle about the size of a silver dollar, and look into the wall with a small flashlight. Is the pipe you are screwing the hot water hose onto threaded all the way (is it a close nipple? )and is it connected to a 90 degree bend that is steel (galvanized pipe), or is it connected to a copper tube, and your spinning it with pliers is spinning the sweat / thread adapter on the copper supply line? If it is connected to copper, the drywall will need to have a much larger hole made in it so that a LICENSED plumber can get access to the fitting, and re-sweat a new adapter. Ask them to add a shutoff faucet.

: Gary Swart, your an angel for getting back to me so soon, not what I wanted to hear, but thanking you for the warning, guess its something I better not put off, thank to all of you out there, helping us people in despair, thanks again Gary....Sally

Replies to this post
There are none.