Re: pipe replacement
Posted by hj on January 06, 2002 at 09:20:55:
In response to Re: pipe replacement
I would discourage you from making this your first DIY project of this type. Before you start you have to be sure you can make secure pipe connections and how you are going to run the piping. In addition, unless she is going to move out, you either have to reconnect the unreplaced section of the piping every time you finish, or run the new piping next to the old and connect everything at once when you are done. Either one can create extra work for you. If you want to do it the easiest way, open the walls so the plumbers jsut have to install the pipe and then repair them afterwards. Sometimes the access and restoration is the most expensive part of the job.

: I am wanting to replace piping for my nearly 70 year old mom. She lives in a small town in MS and plumbers are wanting to charge her monstrous prices. I would need to replace all piping of her ancient house from the cut-off valve under the house, which is elevated off the ground, to the kitchen, bathroom and through to the back of the house to the faucet. I really need some advice since I've never attempted this project before.

Replies to this post
There are none.