Re: toilets--wellworth problems and toto
Posted by Terry Love on December 07, 2001 at 15:17:20:
In response to Re: toilets--wellworth problems and toto

: thanks terry. but--why do you think consumer reports (and also consumer digest in their 4/2000 toilet review) ignoredToto? -beth

Beth,
For them to ignore them, they would have to know of them. I doubt very much that they are aware of what the plumbers are recommending and installing these days. From what I understand, they are told to go buy some products and do an article on them.
These same people write about toothpaste, lawn-blowers, you name, they write about it.
You had asked me what my impressions were.

Having first hand experience with most of the toilets out there, my recommendations are there for all to see. I see a lot of Wellworths when I remove them. Many of them are only weeks old. I take them to the dump along with the others.
To be frank, for some they work well enough. If they were better though, I wouldn't be asked to replace them.
The Toto bowls to the left have worked much better.  

Just one question for you. If you were writing the article, would you include the largest maker of plumbing products in the world? I would think so.
"TOTO is the largest toilet manufacturer in the world, producing more than 7 million toilets annually. With over 1,500 engineers on staff, we're an industry leader in performance, technology, and innovation. In order to meet our growing demand, we have constructed two US manufacturing plants to produce our complete line of bathroom fixtures." TotoUSA

Can you imagine Road & Track doing their articles leaving out the likes of Toyota, Honda, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Lexus, Volvo, Lamborghini and the rest.
Let's see the choices, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Gee, why look beyond those three.

Beth, I'm thinking they didn't do their homework. And, you can quote me on that.

Replies to this post
There are none.