Re: installing gas line
Posted by More on November 29, 2001 at 23:05:06:
In response to Re: installing gas line
First thing you need to know is that Liquid Propane is heavier than air, natural gas is lighter. The second thing you need to know is that LP appliances can use the same size supply lines, but the connection uses a "pill" reducer that restricts the supply flow differently than for natural gas appliances. Third you need to know that when you disconnect the LP lines there is sufficient gas available to create a significant explosion, if the gas can flow along lower avenues to find a pilot light or source of ignition. Fourth you need to know that the temperature of ignited LP gas is more than three times higher than the boiling point of water, and can cause an extremely hazardous condition in the event you or your children or the neighbors children are nearby.

Contact a LICENSED plumber to make your connections safe and happy before the Holiday, and have a Merry Christmas.

: I recently had natural gas brought into my house. I currently use LP. The utility company ran the line and installed the meter. It's upo to me to run it into the house from the meter.

: What do I need to know? I did install the LP line. Is this more difficult?

Replies to this post
There are none.