Re: Ceptic tank
Posted by Nick on October 28, 2001 at 17:14:35:
In response to Re: Ceptic tank
: Once the tank was pumped the previous owners would not have any liability anyway. If you have a leach field with several pipes and they are clogged, it is a result of age and a non-functioning or poorly functioning septic tank. Why it is poorly operating could be a result of your usage, such as antibacterial soaps which would kill the microbes in the tank. You cannot do anything with it yourself and need to call a septic service to see if they can regenerate the system. It is difficult or impossible to restore a leach field, but can be done occasionally.
: : We bought a home 6 months ago, we had the owners pump the septic before we purchased, well come to find out, the lines are clogged, and it is not working properly. I do not want to go back on the other people because they are our neighbors and we don't want any enemies. The question is how do I fix it myself?? I know your basic plumbing, but I have never dealt with a septic before. I have dug a second hole and found a second door, but I am looking for a sand trap..... or that was the plan. Help
10-2-01 I did it myself
I got a map of the septic,it was not perfect but it helped, and a book from the library, I found
the second hole or outlet and replaced the piece that keeps the solids from going to the distrabution box it was rotten, then kept digging until I found the D-box, I bought a drain pig to attatch to the hose and blew pot the leach lines. Work miracles.

Replies to this post
There are none.