Re: Installing a floor drain.
Posted by chuck on September 22, 2001 at 11:54:29:
In response to Re: Installing a floor drain.
Don,
Why a floor drain? Is it because water leaks into
the basement? I would look into sump pumps as well? Sewage backups will come in at the lowest point. I once had left my cleanout opened to let water in the basement run into it, then the main backed up and I was screwed, two feet of crap in the basement. Afterwards, I installed a sump pump
and the problem was solved.

: I am currently breaking open the concrete slab in my basement where my washer and dryer are located. When my house was built, a floor drain was not installed where on would expect it; the laundry room.

: I have located the sewage drain that runs under the conrete slab and have removed all of the gravel away from it. What I want to do is cut into the sewage drain (PVC) and add a tee that is reduced to accept the floor drain with the trap.

: Looks pretty straight forward....Any suggestions before I break the pipe open and go to work? One note, the main floor toilet stack runs into the basement (vertical) with the cleanout and then goes 90 degrees under the slab on the horizontal.

: Any suggestions or help would be appreciated...Hate to have raw sewage all over my floor!!

: Don

Replies to this post
There are none.