Re: dryer slow to dry
Posted by Lori on June 20, 2001 at 16:21:34:
In response to Re: dryer slow to dry
Thank you--I'll give it a try. Great Web site and service!!!

: There's only two reasons why the clothes won't dry. Not enough heat, and when there is heat, the hot air won't leave the drum area to go outside with the humidity it removes from the wet clothes. Right where the filter is located, is where the exhaust duct begins. So look right there to see that there is no lint obstruction. From there you need to get the fromt open to see a hard duct that travels to the rear of the dryer. Then, Pull the dryer away from the wall, and check to make absolutely sure there are no obstructions in the air way to the outside. Then look inside the duct with a flashlight. Maybe there's a wad of wet lint blocking the airway there. Absolutely sure the airway is clear? Make sure the element glows hot and ignites the gas if its gas fired.

:
: : I have a Sears Kenmore Dryer that seems to take forever to dry cloths (model 86681800). I've tried cleaning the ductwork in the back through to the outside, that did not work.

: : If it were the heating elements, I was told that it wouldn't get hot. It does seem to get hot. I don't know if it has one or two elements.

: : Any suggestions as to the problem?

Replies to this post
There are none.