Re: Problem with contacting mfg.
Posted by Gary Swart on June 20, 2001 at 03:29:01:
In response to Re: Problem with contacting mfg.
This is a new unit, but the mfg is apparently out of business, the original distributer was Warnock Hersery, but they no longer deal with this product. It is being sold on ebay by folks who pick up this kind of merchandise. Lcye Mfg makes and sells a very similar product which is apparently a newer version as they refer to the JCE55 in that context. Interestingly enough, the Geyser E54 which is their unit, does not use a relief valve. Here's the basis of my questioning the need for a relief valve on my unit. There is no hot water held in a tank. When you turn the tap, the water heats. When you close the tap, the heating process stops. How can there be a pressure build up when the tap is open? How can it over heat if it does not heat water until the tap is open and stops heating when the tap is closed? You have to remember that these instant heaters are not in any way like a conventional hot water heater. Thanks for you thoughts, but I'm still looking for someone who is knowledgeable about this particular device.

Replies to this post