Re: Fed up will tile on my bath tub wall
Posted by More on June 06, 2001 at 03:42:29:
In response to Re: Fed up will tile on my bath tub wall
While you were getting the counsel of the Lowe's technician, why didn't you get the correct information about the "tile board" or something at that time? Tub surround tile systems have worked so well for so many years that they are hard to beat. But they need maintenance occasionally. If you had loose tiles, it means your shower head is spraying water onto an inadequately sealed area, and letting water get behind the tile to loosen the adhesive or thin set mortar that holds it in place. Contact a LICENSED tile and masonary repair contractor for estimates and see if the tile is covered by your homeowners insurance policy.

: I had a few loose tiles in the tub wall and when I checked the wall it was wet. I don't want to use tile again. I am taking the tile off the wall and putting up new wallboard and something on the wall. I was looking at the plastic surrounds but I don't like the quality. While I was in Lowe's, the tech recommended tile board. I have looks all over the web for information about tile board and can't find anything. Can you tell me any thing about tile board or someplace I can find the information?

Replies to this post
There are none.