Re: Will quest crimping tool work on quest-pex? Will it work on other pex systems as well? (And other shameless questions)
Posted by dick on May 24, 19100 at 09:57:56:
In response to Re: Will quest crimping tool work on quest-pex? Will it work on other pex systems as well? (And other shameless questions)
I think the crimping tools are standard, and work on other brands that use the crimp type connectors. there are some brands that use other types of connectors.

Pex is far easier and quicker to run, ends up with a lot fewer connections (fewer connections=fewer leaks). The only reason not to run PEX is if it causes problems with local codes and inspectors.

In my area, it is not code approved and it is illegal for plumbers to install it. But if you have it in your house (no matter how it got there) so what.... nobody seems to care. doesn't cause any problems selling it.
I used it to install shower faucets that were designed for bottom supply in a house with attic supply. CPVC or Iron would have needed forty-leven fittings. PEX used just four, one on each end of the supply line.
Copper was not a good idea because the rest of my plumbing is iron.

If you're going to all the work of repiping, do it right. Run it in the walls. If you don't do it right the first time, eventualy you will have to do it over.

: In a tither, cpvc or pex? Will the cheap cpvc at Lowe's do just as good a job as the gold stuff? Leaky pipes, will I be foolish and repipe myself or hire out???

: From reading here, seems like the cpvc is favored (longer track record) but I know it will be a pain in my house.

: Is it shameful to consider running lines in cabinets and behind refrigerators just to save some sheet rocking???

Replies to this post
There are none.